samedi 13 octobre 2018

#Inktober 13 : Guarded

You loved me. I might have loved you, in more than one fashion.
But we should have known better.
For I am guarded.

And I am not talking about
towers and kings, witches and dragons
(or am I ?)
I am not talking about
fathers and brothers and old family curses
(am I, though ?)

But I am still guarded
against you, against myself

You came dressed in light and smile and music
and I loved you, in too many ways
but the guard knows better
and sees your true colours.

The guard stands firm as a knight
(which it isn’t, I am sure of that one)
ever-vigilant, with eyes deep as stars
and defends the door
against Darkness.

So I see through your youthful guise
and you won’t be
allowed in
my sweet, my lord, my dark one.
The door is guarded
now and ever
even
when I
love.

Aucun commentaire: